NYE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE OHV HELP WEBSITE
REGISTER YOUR OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLE TODAY! LEARN MORE
When operating an OHV on a highway the following required equipment is mandatory.
- At least one headlamp that illuminates objects at least 500 feet ahead of the vehicle except during daylight hours.
- At least one tail lamp that is visible from at least 500 feet behind the vehicle except during daylight hours.
- At least one red reflector on the rear of the vehicle, unless the tail lamp is red and reflective.
- A stop lamp on the rear of the vehicle; and
- A muffler which is in working order and which is in constant operation when the vehicle is running.
Spark Arrestors are required when riding on federal public land. (CFR 8343.1(c).
NRS 490.120 specifically references required equipment for operation on highway.
COMPLETE NRS 490
COMPLETE NYE COUNTY CODE 10.10